Have you heard about Kokum? Kokam is the fruit bearing plant which is also known as Garcinia indica that have numerous benefits on health and is been used in pharmaceutical industries.This plant yield maroon color fruits. The popular kokum sherbet acts as a coolant in summers as well as considered as best Diabetic drink. Kokam is popular in Goa, Gujarat or in south India.
- It acts as the coolant in summers.
- It is used as the appetizer.
- It is highly rich in Vitamin C and as the anti-oxidant.
- It helps in making our digestive system better.
- It helps in fighting diabetes.
RECIPE OF KOKAM SHERBET
1 cup kokum fruit peels
1 tsp Cumin Powder
2-3 green chilies’
1 cup water
1 tsp sugar free powder
Pinch of Salt
1-2 tsp chopped coriander
It requires 40 minutes (20 minutes for preparing + 20 minutes for cooking).
How to prepare?
- Rinse the kokum peels in water.
- Boil the water and sugar free powder to make little thick syrup.
- Add green chillies along with Kokam peel and thick syrup of water and sugar free powder and mash it.
- Add more water and salt along with cumin powder and cardamom.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Serve it in glass by pouring ice cubes in it and garnish with coriander.
Are you celebrating the diabetic month? I am celebrating by writing articles to cure diabetes.Hope you will like the sherbet.